New Year's is (awesome/lame/other I always feel like everyone else is out having a wonderful time and going to this awesome parties and have these out of these world dates and new outfits. My dad always would tell me that it is amateur night out and that the people working don't want to be working and the menus are not the same. So I am hoping he will take me to the Beef House soon so we can celebrate the New Year.
2. Last New Year's Eve I stayed in with Ashley. I hate to admit but kind of like watching Dick Clark New Years Eve ball drop.
3. My New Year's resolution is to become more organized. Keep important papers in a file. Live everyday to the fullest - be happy with what I have - to try and always give off positive energy. Spread God word to people that may need him.
4. The best way to spend New Year's Eve is with loved ones and to be safe.
5. My prediction for an up-and-coming trend in 2011 I am not sure I think the long sweaters are in for a while.
6. This New Year's Eve I will be spending it with Ashley. We also ordered some mini cupcakes.
The mini cupcakes are from Cakes on Walnut- cute little place - someday I hope I will be able to go to a Sprinkles
7. A fresh start is to accomplish all the things you want to do don't put off what you can do today. I also think you can look back the last year and learn from mistakes and hopefully you have grown as a person. .
I am Loving that is was a wonderful Christmas. It was so much fun to experience Christmas with Ashley. She was so excited about everything!!
I am Loving that I able to stay home this week with Ashley. We are having so much fun together. Except she keeps telling me she needs to go to school because she is the "line leader"
I am Loving that today is the Texas Bowl and Illini is playing Baylor.
I am Loving that after the Texas Bowl Illini basketball will be on T.V. We are also going to my parents to watch the games. We are going to have some great food - wings, shrimp etc. -
We are playing IOWA - start of the Big 10 season!
I am Loving
I went to Sonic tonight at 6 and was so excited the girl gave me my drink for half price. She said we missed you today at happy hour. That must mean I am going there to much if they notice when I don't make it during happy hour.
I am Loving that When you are faced with trials and you feel like you are stuck in the valley, look up and God will send you a rainbow
We had a wonderful Christmas - I will have to add pictures I did not have my camera but took some pictures with my moms.
We went to my mom and dad's and had a wonderful time. Ashley is one lucky girl - she received so many nice gifts. My parents are so good to us - I would be so lost without them. Then we went off to Aunt Maru for breakfast - it was wonderful - so much fun to see all the kids and how their families just keep growing. Then in the afternoon we went off to my Aunt Lori's - that was fun seeing Shannon and Bryan and Maddison and Cory and Catlin and Les. Ashley and Maddison are so cute together. They are both only children in their families. All I can say is Ashley needs to work on sharing :).
Ashley and I will spend the week together. Pray that we can make some progress with potty training. Any suggestions?
I hope you everyone has a safe week!
I am linking up with Ashley at Little Miss Momma. Things you should know if we're gonna be BFF.
I need to stop several times a day at McDonald's for a coke.
I also enjoy eating out!
I love any kind of sporting events! ILLINI - Someday I am going to meet Mr. Right and he will be taking me to all the great sporting events - like the Texas Bowl, next year the Rose Bowl :).
I go to all kinds of party where people are selling stuff and I buy it - 31 bags, candles, etc. Even though I do not need it.
My biggest fear is that I will be hit by a drunk driver. I have had that fear since I was in high school. I think it gets worse in the summer when I am teaching safety. Trying to tell the kids how important it is to be safe on the road. So please drive carefully this Christmas season.
I love to go shopping - to get my nails done, I love to tan - ( I know I am a health teacher but its that vitamin D)
My mom still does my ironing for me - and I love it - I would be lost without her :)
Ashley is the queen of the house! So what ever she feels like doing is what we do! She controls the remote on the T.V.
Raphael had his birthday party today! It was a fun party - Raphael will be 11 on the 23rd. I can not believe he is 11. I remember when he was born. I was teaching and still working at J.C. Penney's. I remember missing work cause we were all up at the hospital. So excited waiting for his arrival. Raphael has been spoiled since day 1. We love him to death!!! Wow I just do not know where the last 11 years went! We have enjoyed watching you grow, I loved watching you on weekends, I have loved going with you to the pool in the summer, taking you to church on Sundays, taking you to roller skating lessons, watching your baseball games, taking you to piano lessons. Taking you to birthday parties threw the years. I also liked taking you to Kicks :).
Raphael had his birthday cake from Marble Slab - it was very good. They also had Italian beef, pasta salad, fruit. Raphael received lots of gifts Illinois clothes, Game Stop gift card, Family Video gift card, Money, North Face Jacket, Money, games, savings bond.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAPHAEL!
When you get back from Chicago hopefully next week we can go to FLAT TOP and eat lunch!
No school today because it was very cold here - Bitterly cold. Mostly clear. Lows around 1 below. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Wind chill readings 5 below to 15 below zero. Except I still found my way out to the stores and out to lunch :).
Did you watch Mariah's Holiday Special on ABC!? Merry Christmas to You, I have her first Christmas CD, I am going to have to go get this one also!
Have a great week! Friday at 2:25 starts Winter Break!
1. Holiday spirit - is Christmas Cd's. Christmas shows on T.V. , tons of lights around town, snow. Christmas sweaters and Santa.
2. The holidays are incomplete without family, cookies, fudge, gifts and smiles and hugs. Counting down the days till break.
3. My favorite things to do around the holidays is Christmas parties :)
4. A holiday tradition my family and I have is going to Maru for breakfast on Christmas morning. Also getting a Yule Log from the Cake Artist.
5. Holiday music is great - if only Ashley would let me listen to it in the car. We have to listen to VBS music - the "boat" - I would like to get Jessica Simpson new Holiday CD.
6. This year, I'll be spending the holidays with family, in Rantoul and Danville
7. Holiday wish list that everyone has a safe and happy holidays. That next year is successful and happy. I have so much to be thankful for. I just hope to remember the reason for the season. I hope to instill that in Ashley also.
We all love Giveaways - over at A step into my Life Kit is having a giveway - you should visit her blog and enter. She also has a really neat blog Step into my Kitchen. Can not wait to try to cook some of her stuff.
Have you gotten all of your Christmas shopping done? Do you love the CSN stores? If you answered yes to those questions then you need to enter my GIVEAWAY!
CSN Stores has over 200 online stores where you can find everything fromtv tablesfor your living room
upholstered headboards for your bedroom
to fancy butcher's blocks for your kitchen!
In this GIVEAWAY you have the chance to win a $35 gift certificateto use as you wish at any of their 200 online stores!
1. Black Friday is CRAZY! I have never seen so many people out and on a mission - I just wish I knew what that misson was that they were after :).
2. Christmas shopping this year will include hopefully lots of great stuff - toys, clothes and games (Raphael)
3. Holiday shopping makes me "Happy" I enjoy being out and about!
4. This year my Christmas list will include I am not expecting anything but always love clothes and any Illini clothes.
5. Bargain hunter, or full price shopper? I really try and be a bargain hunter - I just wish I was better at finding the bargins!
6. The best and worst things about shopping is the lines and the money we spend :) 7. Online shopper or in-person shopper? In person shopper - I like to look at it and touch it. Hopefully not wear it or use it before I give it away as a gift.
Its Wednesday Everyone - Its time to Link up with This Kind of Love - Have a great Weekend!
I am Loving - That tomorrow is Thanksgiving - I have so much to be Thankful for!
I am Loving that tonight I get to watch these two special people!
I am Loving - that Illinois running back Mikel Leshoure was named Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week, Walter Camp Foundation National Player of the Week, Rivals.com National Player of the Week and College Football Performance Awards National Performer of the Week following his record-setting performance in Illinois’ 48-27 win over Northwestern at Wrigley Field on Saturday. Leshoure broke Illinois’ single-game rushing record with 330 yards on 33 carries, an incredible average of 10.0 yards per carry, with two touchdowns.
I taught him to drive when he was 15. We knew back then he was going to successful in Football. I am just happy to see him on the fighting Illini team. Today he also gave back to the community by giving away Turkeys. How Cool is that!
I Loving - that I get to spend the weekend with my family - I could not ask for a better family!
I linking up with Analyze This Christmas Blog Challenge we will see if I can do 12 days.
Traditions at our house for Christmas. Honestly this is a hard time for my family from Thanksgiving to Christmas. I enjoy going to my parents and staying the night. Waking up at the house I grew up in. I know Ashley will enjoy this also. I would be happy staying there the entire 2 weeks that we are off school. My dad might think different.
On Christmas Eve we go to candle light service at church in Rantoul. Then back to her house we usually have shrimp from the deli not a bag real good shrimp with good sauce. It very low key I can't wait for it to grow back to a party. We use to go to my grandparents friends house every Christmas eve for a party and then they got older and passed away Then we went to my Uncles for Christmas Eve. Except 7 years ago he passed away he was on a ladder putting up Christmas Tree lights and fell it was not a big ladder. So Thanksgiving is rough for my family. It was 4 days before Thanksgiving.
Christmas morning we have always gone to Danville in the mornings to extended family's Maru - for breakfast, the men make omelets, toasts and have pastries, and O.J. It is very enjoyable time this was been going on since before I was born. I would say with everyone families keep growing at one time there can be 40 people in the house for breakfast. It is just a wonderful time. I would not trade this for anything.
In the afternoon my aunt Lori usually has us over for appetizers. It fun to get together some cousins come by and some time Shannon's family is still in town from Bloomington.
We have Christmas with my brother and his family and my parents some time before the New Year sometime its after the New Year. I like that because I can find some good bargains after Christmas. I hope they are not reading :)
See the other part that is hard for my family is on Christmas my grandmother on my mothers side passed away. She always loved Angels - so now I think what A day to go and be with the Angels. It was a blessing for her to go on Christmas Day.
Tonight we had a dance at school the students had a great time. This weekend I am hoping to get out the Christmas decorations. The house is going to start looking like Christmas. On Saturday we will be going to the Gifford State Bank Craft Fair.
1. My Thanksgiving plans this year will include : Starting at 9:00 a.m. Ashley and I are going to do the 43rd Annual Turkey Trout - its a mile fun run or walk. I think that will be a fun tradition we can start doing together. This year I will push her in the stroller but next year she may be able to walk the mile. Then we will go off to Liz and Dan's they have lunch and they play a big game of flag football with t-shirts and tropheys and the ladies always have a craft to do. Then in the evening I will go to my brothers for dinner. My sister-law family comes over from Chicago. Kyle has to work till 7:00 so it will be a late dinner. They always have so much food - It's a great time.
2. My favorite Thanksgiving was when my parents use to have Thanksgiving at our house and everyone would come. We use to have about 30 people. They would set big tables up in the basement. I remember making name tags for everyone where they would sit. My mom would have special decorations. You were not allowed to use the Thanksgiving napkins those were only for show. Everyone would always tease my mom. I remember help carrying out things to Grandma and Grandpa's car. I remember the last Thanksgiving we had with my Grandpa. Thanksgiving was at our house. I don't think after he passed that we had another Thanksgiving at our house.
3. My signature Thanksgiving dish is I don't have one yet. I will have to try and find one. I do love making dishes and taking them to our Thanksgivings.
4. My favorite Thanksgiving food is the Turkey - I love it when its hot. I also always loved my grandmother's dressing, even the oyster dressing.
5. Thanksgiving free association - lots of family, eating to many desserts, getting ready for Black Friday.
6. Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on the year and think about what you what out of the new year.
7. I am thankful for Ashley she was born on Oct 6, 2007 I have had her since birth and I officially adopted her on August 24, 2010. Ashley been such a blessing, she has changed my life. Just on Thursday I got her official birth certificate it brought tears to my eyes.
Ally and Molly over at "Analyze this" are hosting the 12 days of Christmas blog challenge. I am so excited and cant wait for it to start on Monday. I think that their topics are so great and festive so you should join in on the fun!
here are the rules...
Start Date: Monday, November 22nd
Day 1: Christmas/Holiday traditions
Day 2: Black Friday/General Shopping Tips & Tricks
Day 3: Most meaningful gift/best gift you've received
Day 4: Tips/Tricks to a Budget Friendly holiday season
Day 5: Favorite Holiday Movie/TV Show Special
Day 6: Gift ideas (what do YOU want? We all have family/friends reading our blogs...so let them know!)
Day 7: Holiday Craft/DIY (If you don't make anything, what do you WISH you could make?)
Day 8: Least favorite thing about the Holidays
Day 9: Favorite Holiday recipe
Day 10: Favorite Christmas Songs/Caroles
Day 11: New Year Resolutions
Day 12: Show us your decorations (indoor/outdoor)
Day 13: Favorite Cookie Recipe
Day 14: Oprah's Favorite Things: What item(s) would you want if you were in the audience?
Come back on Monday to link up! I hope you all join in! We are giving you a sneak peek so you can start getting prepared!
I am linking up with This Kind of Love75 people linked up last week to share what they were loving! It's so fun to see what everybody is loving each week :) You should leave comment at what you are loving on this Wednesday.
I am Loving - That last night Ashley and I went to:
We had a great time: Ashley got a Elmo light that she loves - she also had a red snow cone and some pink cotton candy. I said NO to the $10.00 Elmo balloon.
I am also Loving - That this weekend went to Chambananamoms 1year birthday party. My sister law Ileana and I went and had a blast. It was also a fundraiser for the County YMCA with Larkin’s Place at the Y. Some great prizes were available, plus we had some great food and drink at a downtown Champaign favorite Farrens.
I am also Loving - That this time next week it will be the night before Thanksgiving! I have so much to be Thankful for! It is just wonderful how God works in our lives everyday!
"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever"
Well...we have a few Thanksgiving dinners! We have one at Liz and Dan's in Danville they always have a huge flag football game and a craft everyone does. Then in the evening my sister-in-law and brother have us over.
What is your favorite recipe that includes pumpkin?
Pumpkin Muffins! ( see earlier post)
What are 5 things you want for Christmas?
Oh goodness...I really have no idea! I should probably make a little list pretty soon :)
Does your family draw names or do you buy for everyone?
We buy for everyone. Our family is not too huge so we like to try to get a little something for everybody!
How do you feel about motorcycles?
I personally don't like them...they seem scary and dangerous!
What's your favorite thing to do on a rainy Saturday?
Stay in and cook and watch the my shows on my DVR. If you know me you know I do not like to stay in!
What is the coolest thing to do in your city?
I guess touring University's campus, going to football or basketball games,
Do you paint your fingernails?
I just use OPI and I have Linda paint my nails from her shop its like being at a SPA!
Who is your favorite actor over the age of 50?
Michael Douglas and Sally Field's
Do you have a high school letter jacket?
I can not remember! I think I thought that was for boys! I am sure my mom is going to ask where my class ring is?