I am linking up with Jesslyn - the simple things in life. It kinds of reminds me of the book I am reading - Choosing Gratitude by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. I can whine or I can worship!!! This week simple things in life are - * Ashley and I playing outside in our backyard in our little pool. Sharing snacks and feeding the birds. * Afternoon Shopping with my mom * Lunch out with girlfriends. * Taking our neighbor blueberry bread that Ashley and I made. * Spending 2 hours one afternoon alone on the lazy river at our local pool. * mowing the grass and saving money by doing it myself.
I have not been good at blogging lately. I am almost at 100 posts. So keep watching and we will have a give away!!!!! I have been busy with teaching drivers education safety the classroom. Friday we will be giving about 160 students their driving permits. So be careful on the roads. This weekend was lots of fun with the family. It started out Thursday night. When my sister-law Ileana and I took the kids to Barbecue at the Boneyard 150 Anniversary Celebration . It rained a little bit and the line for the free food was way to long to stand in line with the little ones. We did miss Raphael he was off at Boy Scout Camp I am sure he had a wonderful time. Here are some pictures of Thursday evening.
Then Friday night we went to Urbana Blues Brews and BBQ. This time we brought along my brother Kyle and Grandma for reinforcement with the kids. We also got smart and brought the wagon. They had music and tons of BBQ vendors. The music they had for the kids wereBlues Harmonica Clinic by Joe Asselin and
Drum Circle/Percussion Jam. They also had inflatables like the night before. Are we seeing a pattern?
Then Saturday morning - I braved it by myself and went to the Tolono Fun Day Festival Parade. I only had a little accident with the kids wanting to go to the restroom and not knowing where a restroom was.
Then Saturday afternoon we went to Hessel Park to Family Fun Day Restoration Urban Ministries. This time we brought along Grandpa along with the rest of the family. They had inflatables, hot dogs, chips, candy, music and it was all FREE! It was so much fun!!!! Lol can you believe inflatables three days in a row - these kids are going to think everywhere we go they are post to have inflatables.
Then on Sunday we went to Church and Ashley had swimming lessons. As Ashley would say We are Family All Together Again. We Love our family.
I would say it was one fun weekend and we had some tired kids!!!
This weekend I'm hanging out at home, farmers market on Saturday and hopefully the pool and church on Sunday .
2. My last vacation was just this week just got back yesterday. Went to Edinburgh Premium Outlets in IN. Then went off to Murray KY. where I went to College. Then to Paducah KY. to Just Hamburgers - I worked for Jim and Carol in high school. Then Double Cheese burgers were as good as I remember them. We did a lot of shopping and relaxing by the pool. It was wonderful just to be away.
3. My next vacation will be hopefully soon to a beach.
4. My favorite way to relax is to be at a pool or hanging out in the sun. Or just being away out to eat, or relaxing in a hotel room.
5. When vacationing one should always just go with the flow. Do what ever you want to do. Don't look at your watch you are in no hurry. Eat what ever you like.
6. When vacationing one should never worry about what you are eating - lol or how much you are spending.
7. The best part about a vacation is just being away and enjoying the people you are with.