Thursday, January 3, 2013

Easiest Cheese Soup Ever

    This year I am going to try and post more recipes on the blog.  I find such good stuff on Pinterest.  That I would love to try.  Hopefully in the new year I will invite people over to try some of the stuff I make.
    Hopefully you could share some of yours......favorite dishes...
    Few years ago for Christmas my cousin Shannon gave us Friends and Family Cookbook she put together along with her co-workers at Jim's Family steak house in Normal IL.
    So over the weekend I made Allison Smith - Easiest Cheese Soup ever.

 
 
Easiest Cheese Soup Ever
 
 
3 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
 
4 quart water ( I would use less)
 
1 cup chopped Celery
 
1 cup onion - diced
 
2 1/2 cups Potatoes - cubed
 
1 cup diced carrots
 
1 pkg frozen mixed vegetables ( 10 oz)
 
2 small cans chicken broth
 
2 - 10oz cans cream of chicken soup
 
1 lb Velveeta cheese  ( I used 2lb)
 
 


     ( I know its a new year and you may not be cooking with Velveeta - but the soup did turn out really good)


   These are the vegetables I used - I used two bags......

  I cooked the soup in the crock pot.........

  If you use a crock-pot, place all ingredients in the pot except for cream soup and cheese.  Cook on low all day and add soup and cheese before serving.  Heat to simmering until cheese melts.  If you do not have all day cook on stove top 1.5 hours then add soup and cheese.

To cut calories you could use fat free cream of chicken and light Velveeta.

 To spice it up - add chicken, garlic, a little red pepper and any vegetable that's in the frig. For the single folks cut the recipe in half.  You still have plenty for dinner and lunch the next day....

  Or make a big batch and share with your mom!!!!!

No comments: