A community of people seeing the beautifully wrapped gifts God gives us throughout our days if we will only open our eyes to see
I am reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. Incourage is doing a book club with videos. It is a very powerful book.
It challenges you to start making a List of a Thousand Things, beginning with #1. Grab a piece of paper and a pen and join me and the multitude of others as we open our eyes to thankfulness in the ordinary days of our lives and see God in a whole new way.
Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. Sarah Ban Breathnach
So I am going to try and link up on Mondays and share my list from the week. It may take me a long time to get to thousand but I bet it will be life changing.
1. That a good friend took me out to lunch and I was able to laugh and be myself.
2. That my mom sat in the car with Ashley so I could run into the store to grab a few things.
3. To be able to go out to eat with my family on a Saturday night and laugh and enjoy each others company.
4. To be able to take Ashley to swimming lessons and that she loves water.
5. To see Ashley face light up when I stop at Sonic and buy her a half-price slush before I pick her up from daycare and have it waiting in the car for her.
6. To see Ashley smile on her face when I pick her up from day-care like it is the first time I ever picked her up.
7. That my brother and sister-in-law were able to come and jump my car when it would not start.
8. To have a working washer and dryer and to be able to do laundry at our home.
9. That 26 kids came out for running club after school. We are going to run the 5K in April at the Illinois Marathon.
10. For the volunteer that holds the door at church this morning that opened the door with a smile as Ashley and I hurried in.
17 hours ago